By Ibraheem Solaudeen.
The University of Ilorin chapter of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), is set to hold its elections tomorrow in alliance with the national body of the union.
The Unilorin chapter of the union, which had recently rekindled its allegiance to its national leadership after an 18-year-long crisis, took it up a notch by harmonizing the factional camps of Dr Usman Raheem and Dr Kayode Afolayan.
INSIDER learnt that although, neither of both factional chairman would be vying for positions in the elections tomorrow, other candidates who had obtained forms, cut across both factional camps.
The Convener, NEC Visitation Team, Ben Ugheoke, outlined the list of candidates expected to contest tomorrow.
1. OLUMORIN, Charles Olubode (Educational Technology)
2. AMUSA, Tajudeen Okekunle (Forest Resources Management) *Reportedly stepped down*
3. AJAO, Moyosore Salihu (Human Anatomy)
1. ABIOYE, Adesola Idowu Abdul-Raheem (Anatomy)
2. SULAIMAN, Faoziyat A. (Biochemistry)
3. IGE, Olusegun Omoniyi (Geology and Mineral Sciences)
4. BIOBAKU, Khalid Talha (Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology)
1. ABDUL-GANIY, Olatunji (Sociology)
2. OYEWOLE, Aboyeji Lukuman (Physiology)
3. AKANMU, Alex (Science Education)
1. MELEKI, Adeniyi Oluwole (Religions)
2. OLOYEDE, Isiaka (Statistics)
3. AHMED EL-IMAM, Amina ( Microbiology)
4. ABDULRAZAQ, Adelodun Daibu ( Private and Property Law)
5. YUSUF, Olaniyi Kamil (Chemistry)
1. OKORO, Hussein K. ( Industrial Chemistry)
2. ABDULLATEEF, Raji ( Sociology)
3. ADETITUN, David Olugbenga (Microbiology)
1. OLUWANIYI, Omolara Olusola (Industrial Chemistry)
2. ROWLAND, Kayode M. (Home Economics and Food Science)
1. BAKINDE, Surajudeen Tosho (Human Kinetics Education)
2. BELLO, Kamal Asola ( Marketing)
1. IKOBA, Nehemiah Arhoesere (Statistics)
2. KASUM, Abubakar Sadiq ( Accounting)
1. LAWAL, Taofeeq Olanrewaju (Physics)
2. OGUIKE, Gerald (French)
3. OJEDIRAN, Oludolapo ( Performing Arts)