By Nimi Princewill.
The 2019 Kwara CBOs’ Summit and Award held yesterday, June 22, at Hall B, Kwara Hotels, Ilorin, leaving a lasting impression on everyone who graced the prestigious event.
The summit which was well attended, witnessed a convergence of Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs), among others.
As anticipated by the convener and coordinator, Hannis Institute for Development Studies, Mr. Lawal Olohungbebe, the event provided comprehensive capacity development and advisory support to CBOs on how to successfully manage their organizations and achieve their organizational goals for community development.
Dr. Adam Kayode of the Faculty of Law, University of Ilorin, set the ball rolling with an expository keynote speech on “Ideas and how it transforms communities.”
The facilitators did justice to a variety of topics which included: Effective fundraising strategies for CBOs, Account Management for CBOs, Project Implementation and Assessing communities’ needs.
Awards were given to outstanding CBOs in recognition of their positive impact on communities in Kwara State.
1. Most outstanding CBO (Economic Empowerment) – Ilorin Emirate Youth Development Association (IEYDA)
2. Most successful CBO (Health) – Ignomina Mobile Health Clinic
3. Most successful CBO (Education) – Sinawu Educational Development Forum
4. Most outstanding CBO (Community Health) – Ignomina Mobile Health Clinic
5. Most outstanding CBO (Education) – Sinawu Educational Development Forum
Commendation by participants
Participants at the event, commended the Hannis Institute for Development Studies, HIDS, and the convener, Lawal Olohungbebe for championing the summit and awards, praying them to continue the good works.